Wednesday, April 4, 2012

To Be or Not to Be


       I ask myself often, “Why am I not the film/TV director that I once set my aspirations towards for a period of time in my life?”  It’s because, as wonderful and stimulating a craft / art directing was and still is, I feel more of priority to search for the essences of our spirit in our daily lives and not just what is on screen.  Today, time and time again, I am blessed to be in positions where I can help others to be in sync with their true nature.  In doing so, I feel better helping people to be who they naturally are (in their true nature), as opposed to helping them be something they are not or just trying to be.  I feel that great actors and directors understand this principle, and they have the ability to help others or themselves find the right expressions or performances on screen and sometimes even when not on camera.
          So why do we need to witness this level of excitement and happiness in others?  I know I personally can’t live without it. I don’t feel as if I’m alive if I’m not helping another get to a better place.  I believe this feeling is what led me to film making from the start because I truly enjoyed seeing others do well. This has directed me to my mission today. I love to witness and help others not only do well but feel well.  To me, this is the apex of our actions and interactions as humans.  There are three expressions that are at the roots of our internal and external lives – feeling, doing, and being.  We were all excited children at some point in our lives. Now it’s about getting back to the essence of those feelings and using them to find that excitement and balance once again in our present reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment